Jewelry for Men



I have worn men's jewelry in the form of chains, crosses, dog tags, and rings just about all of my life and never really gave any thought to the wearing of jewelry until some years ago when I heard women in my family wondering aloud if a piece of jewelry was too masculine. That question, coupled with the memory of some of my male friends also wondering out loud if a piece of jewelry was too feminine. For some reason, the question activated an urge in me investigate the male vs female jewelry question. So, a years ago I did a little Google searching because at that particular time there burned within me a desire to know once and for all just who jewelry was meant for? I myself have long held the belief that there were some earrings that women will wear that I probably wouldn't expect to see on a man, on the other hand, there are very few earrings that a man can wear that would not also look good on a woman with similar taste.

I will have to admit my research into this subject was neither comprehensive nor complete. Throughout history, jewelry has symbolized power, status and from the time of the pharaohs, jewelry has been worn by men and women. The online jewelry history, I majored in for a couple of nights, taught me that in early history, a piece of jewelry was usually created for a specific person and passed on to other family members in other generations; pretty much the same way some jewelry travels through family history today. Since then when the questions of masculine and feminine comes-up in a conversation with regard to jewelry I have enjoyed being able to share my short Google search education about the subject.

When I started GiftconeTP one of my goals was to provide both masculines, and feminine jewelry choices with regard to the question posed to me once-upon-a-time by the family members. I also wanted to make it easy to find a good jewelry selection by making attractive jewelry pieces easy to find and very reasonably priced. So for the men reading this post if you're looking for a bracelet that can coordinate a suit and tie or a set of cufflinks to add just that right touch to your shirt, be sure to look at these men's jewelry suggestions listed below. In my opinion, the number one men's jewelry item is a wristwatch, not only to make sure that you are never late, but a good wristwatch can also make you stand out.

Some wristwatches make cool wardrobe additions with function and form, while other wristwatches are like conversation starters. Depending on the watch you choose a bracelet can make the perfect companion for your watch. From precious metals like gold and silver to leather, or stainless steel bracelets the key to wearing male jewelry is not to overdo it, that's what I have heard. To me it's more of a personal choice when it comes to male jewelry; wear what you feel comfortable with. No matter what your personal style is, there are some jewelry options that will perfectly fit your particular taste. The long store made short: There are pieces of jewelry that both men and women find attractive so there is no reason both women, and men can't wear the same jewelry chain, bracelet, watch and more. In short, it would appear that "jewelry" really doesn't have a preferred gender.

Comments

Popular Posts