Prevent Costume Jewelry from truning your skin green



Costume jewelry and how to prevent it from turning your skin green.

Of course, the most obvious solution is simply not to buy any costume jewelry; but I can tell you right now that, not buying any costume jewelry, would be an impossibility for some of the women in my immediate family. So let me share something I observed with you. I enquired once after watching one of the jewelry collectors I know applying clear nail polish to the inside of one her costume jewelry rings and not on her nails, why!?

She told me that the process of applying a thin layer of clear nail polish on the side of her ring that came into contact with her skin prevented the skin on her finger from turning green. What I came away with from the experience was that if the upside to the process of applying a thin layer of clear nail polish to the under surface of the ring prevented the look of "Night of the Living Dead Skin" under the ring, the downside would have to be that the nail polish wears off rather easily so be prepared to re-touch up your costume jewelry rings on a regular basis.

When I lived my life in the world of electronics I used clear nail polish to lock potentiometers (aka Pot) in place once I had meticulously tuned an electronic circuit board. Leave it to the jewelry wearers I know to introduce me to yet another use for clear nail polish. Aside from removing your jewelry before you remove your clothing to avoid any jewelry and wardrobe entanglement, especially sweaters, removing all costume jewelry before you put your hands in soapy water, take a bath, or shower will slow costume jewelry from tarnishing and prevent the greenish skin discoloration associated with some costume jewelry. It's important when wearing costume jewelry to keep your skin that will make contact with your jewelry dry and I guess the other important thing to remember is that clear nail polish for your fingernails can also come in handy when it comes to keeping your original, non-green, skin color under your costume jewelry pieces.

Comments

Popular Posts